From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to

Hi,

i am using IP camera to capture the images of cars, now my program can command IP camera to capture the images in every 1s. What I want to do is that if there is no car in that place, my IP camera will not take that image and if there is car parked in that place, my IP camera will take the image. I want to write the program for it. I don't have any knowledge about it. I am just the beginner in Labview. If any one of u knows how to do it, please help me. Really thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,769 Views)

Seems that you ran into a deadlock Smiley Wink

You don't want to take (acquire ?) an image if there is a car in the image, but you need to acquire an image to detect if there is a car?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,713 Views)

I suppose what you could do is...

grab an image (with or without car)

identify possible car

if (car)

display image

save image (if needed)

if (no car)

trash image

I don't know if this will work as I too am new at Labview, but from what I've been reading over the past few weeks I think doing something with this kind of framework should be possible.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,694 Views)

This is where camera triggers helps. If your camera wont support external triggers, you have to do as Joe said. There is no other option.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,689 Views)