Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when connecting to Allied vission Manta

Hi scoelho,

i've first tried to uninstall the latest version and then install the previous ones, but it doesn't fix the bug as you said. After many attempts (i was getting crazy too !) i finally format the PC and install Windows and NI software from previous version and then...it's working again 🙂

I think a system restore can be enough if you have a valid backup. Obviously, there's some files that the unistall process doesn't roll back properly.

Hope it can help,

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(3,391 Views)

Same kind of problem here. I have an AVT Manta G-609B GigE camera connected to an NI PCIe-8236 frame grabber board. I thought that using an NI product would help facilitate getting the camera to work. I can initialize, configure grab and read from and write attributes to the camera but when I attempt to snap or grab an image i get error -1074360316.

LV 2014, NI-IMAQdx 16, Vision Acquisition Software 8/2016. Camera works in Vimba viewer. MAX recognizes and can snap images.

Hopefully there is some progress with AVT cameras?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(3,208 Views)

Do you get same error in MAX also?
-Post your VI or Snippet.
-How you are creating camera session?

-Here's troubleshooting guide for GigE camera: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/5846/en/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(3,196 Views)

Hi All,

as was stated in a previous post:

"Unfortunately the issue lies in the third-party, GenApi component that IMAQdx relies on to process the XML file. This bug was regretably discovered after that version had been released and incorportated into multiple vendors' software packages, including NI's."

from what i can gather, the camera manufacturers have corrected and updated their firmware which makes them not work with NI. sometimes, an older version of the camera firmware (which still has the wrong GenApi componant) will work. 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(3,183 Views)

Hi @all, 

here is Bernardo from Allied Vision. The fact that an older camera firmware may solve the problem is not 100% correct, an older firmware may also lead to the known problem. The fact is that any extension tags from any GigE Camera may produce the error. This was unfortunately not verified when GenICam version 3.0.0 was released. 

A new GenICam version 3.0.1 has been released, and at the beginning of August, NI produced a fix to the runtime of IMAQdx:

Here is the link to the document that NI has published regarding this issue: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/596D16E8C1290AA586257FD3000CAD12?OpenDocument

And here is the link to the fixed IMAQdx 16.0.1 runtime:

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/imaq/pc/vision_acquisition/IMAQdx/IMAQDXDRV1601.exe

Bernardo Luck // Applications Engineer
Allied Vision Technologies GmbH
Klaus-Groth-Str. 1, 22926 Ahrensburg, Germany
Message 25 of 33
(3,176 Views)

Thanks Bernardo.  For the 1st time I notice that IMAQdx 16.0.1 exists.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(3,163 Views)

uday,

MAX works cleanly.

I did read through the troubleshooting guide so I have that covered. After installed the IMAQdx 16.0.1 runtime fix mentioned by AVT, camera initalization is working (thanks!) but now I think I just have a method error.

here is my camera init vi that I 'think' is correct to create the session. I get no errors when I run and the attributes can be written and read. I also attached the vi that is giving the -1074360316 error. The error occurs at the IMAQdx Stop Acquisition function.

Not sure how to insert images so I attached them as files.

Thanks

Bryan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(3,053 Views)

Hello Bryan, 

Bernardo here, please verify that you are using the correct value types for the features. exposure time and the gain are numerical values. If you have further questions regarding any Allied Vision cameras, please feel free to contact our support: https://www.alliedvision.com/en/support/contact-support-and-repair.html

Best regards

Bernardo Luck // Applications Engineer
Allied Vision Technologies GmbH
Klaus-Groth-Str. 1, 22926 Ahrensburg, Germany
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(3,048 Views)
Please attach the vi. It looks like in second vi there is no IMAQdx open camera session at all.
-You must use IMAQdx Open camera to initiate a session and then only you can configure or change attributes.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(3,041 Views)

Code attached. Correct, there is no open camera session. This is converted from IMAQ version of code which worked but also did not have an open camera session. I am including a snippet of that section of the original code as a reference as well.

During troubleshooting, I probed Session In which shows as "cam0" through the Init Camera Manta.vi but "" going into the set options vi so I think my problem is in how the variable is not being transferred between vi's. I noticed that when I created the Session Out in the init camera vi, the IMAQdx Session variable didn't appear to be the right type.

Thanks

Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(3,031 Views)