From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is IMAQdx property node not setting a property correctly?

I'm working with a Prosiclica EC1380 CCD camera. The IMAQdx tools are working great. However, I'm having a problem setting the shutter speed. I'm using the IMAQdx property node to set the gain, but for some reason it doesn't set the shutter speed correctly. Any clues?

-Joel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,432 Views)
Hi Joel,

Does the shutter control work properly in MAX? What mode is the shutter in? I tried it here with a Prosilica EC750 and it worked as expected in both Absolute and Relative mode through the property node. In relative the range was between ~0.00002 and 1.0. In relative it is between 1 and 4095. Is the value you are using matching the mode you wish to use?

See the attached diagram showing how I was using it. For simplicity the example is not querying the available range dynamically.
-Eric

Message Edited by BlueCheese on 06-18-2008 02:20 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,429 Views)
Eric,

I'm not sure why it's working now, but it is. The only thing that is different is that I changed the inputs to the property node from controls to constants, like you have in your example. Now, it works!

Thanks.

Best,
Joel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,425 Views)