From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the IMAQ WindTools display properly in exe?

I'm using the IMAQ Wind Tools in LabVIEW and I'm noticing an odd behavior.  The IMAQ Wind Tools do not get displayed properly when using an exe (they work fine in the LV environment).  In the exe the Wind Tools window is just a title bar that shows up at the bottom left of the screen even though I specified tools to display.

Attached is an example demonstrating the issue.  (Windows 7, LabVIEW 2011 SP1, IMAQ 4.6.1)

Is this a bug in LV or in my code?

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,087 Views)

Even stranger is that this problem only occurs in the project when I right-click on the "IMAQ Tools Test" build specification and select "Run".  If I launch the exe directly from Windows it works fine.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,086 Views)

I took your project and was able to recreate the issue. This might be a bug, but is there a specific reason you need to run it from the Build Spec itself? Running from the executable is probably a safer debugging technique anyways. Either way, thanks for pointing this out. 🙂

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,071 Views)