Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB camera to LabVIEW through USB ??

HI Do you have any experience in recieving an image from a WEB camera to
LabVIEW through USB ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,398 Views)
This previous message in the newsgroup answers your question.

Unfortunately I cannot find the lvvfw.vi Michael is referring to.

Does anyone know where it can be found ?

Thanks.

--
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.labview
>From: "Michael Sachs"
>Subject: Re: USB webcam
>Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:43:26 GMT
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
>
>You need a vi call lvvfw.vi which can be found on the ni web page.
>
>"Naïs et Jérôme LANGE" wrote in message
8q5elr$pie$1@front3m.grolier.fr">news:8q5elr$pie$1@front3m.grolier.fr...
>> Can i use my USB webcam with labview (5.1) ? What kind of VI should i
take
?
>> thanks
>> --
>> Naïs et Jerome LANGE
>> Strasbourg
>> andromed@club-internet.fr
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,397 Views)
USB cameras do not have a standard format, so NI has not come out with a USB driver for acquiring the image data. If you can find a driver from the web cam manufacturer that allows you to get access to the 2-D array of pixels, you can convert this to a LV image type and use Vision processing on it.
Message 3 of 5
(4,397 Views)
go to http://www.INVENTeering.com there is a free evaluation activex control that interfaces to most webcams. It has LabVIEW examples and IMAQ example also.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,399 Views)
Hello,

I wanted to update this post for those users who may be looking for a solution on using USB cameras with LabVIEW or Vision Assistant. Recently NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras was released as an example program on National Instruments' Developer Exchange (see link below). NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras is a free software driver for acquiring images from any DirectShow imaging device into LabVIEW. These devices include USB cameras, webcams, microscopes, scanners, and many consumer-grade imaging products. With the driver, users can configure their device, and acquire images into LabVIEW.

NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras

Note: While NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras comes with complete documentation, it is not supported by National Instruments' Applications Engineers. Any support questions should be directed to other users through the Discussion Forums.

Regards,
Michael
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,285 Views)