From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision de

Hi!

My english is not very good, so I try to explain my problem.

I take a image with a camera in gray scale, the mark's of the camera is Pixelink. I use the function IMAQ Clamp Horizontal Max VI, of wich get the horizontal distance of image. The problem is when i take de image, the program show de horizontal distance 0 m.

I leave my program.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,916 Views)

Hello,

First of all the image doesn't have proper edge difference because of poor lighting.

-Please attach sample images separately and not inside code.

-Attached modified code below

prueba camara.png

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,909 Views)

Hello Makarena.osorio good afternoon,

Thanks for contacting us at forum support, based on the information that was provided I would recommend that you can try to use the Express VIs for the acquire and assistant to create protoypes and it would be easier to modify all of the settings for the detection of the edges. The vision acquisition module would determine if you are going to use the camera or a folder where you can have all of your images for testing. The vision assistant would help you perform the tests you need and determine which settings to modify.

NI Vision Assistant Tutorial

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372228m.pdf

Since they are VI express they would guide you for the implementation and if you need to have the code of the VI you can select the option by right clicking and selecting the option open front panel, keep in mind that this would change the VI express into a regular code and you cannot go back to the Assistant.

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

CaEnOs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,886 Views)