Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision builder AI Find Circular Edge Settings

Hi, 

I'm developing a script that allows the users to input values to adjust the find circular edge. The problem i have is there doesn't seem to be a way i can change the direction, edge polarity, or the look for drop downs but I can change the minimum edge strength, kernel size, projection width, and gap. Is there any way i can unlock the direction, edge polarity, and look for? 

The issue is that the preferred outer ring is not picked up under some settings but it does on others. Please see images for more detail. 

I do not have the vision developer module. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,556 Views)

Hi there! 

If I understand your question correctly, you to be able to set the direction, edge polarity, and Look for parameters programmatically, like by setting them to variable values? I'm pretty sure there is no way to do that. 

Does the outer ring always go from light to dark? If so, you could just hard-code that parameter so that it picks up the right edge.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,507 Views)

Update: 

With the help of the NI staff, we managed to obtain a solution. In order to run this, vision developer module is required. This requires the user inputs a region of interest for the annulus. 

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,359 Views)