Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very large Vision builder file

I use Vision builder 2015 64bit on a production machine (windows 7) to do inspections on parts.  My file has grown to be huge.  The vision builder file is 510,000kB, or 510mb.  When I open and run the file the software uses 12gb of ram on my PC.  I first found this because the machine was running quite slow and it only had 8gb of ram installed.  I installed 16gb and now the program runs ok but it uses 12gb.  It's an older file so I went through and deleted a number of inspections that where no longer used but the file size did not change.  Currently I cannot switch from configuration mode to run time mode because it gives an error but I can save and open the file in runtime mode and it functions correctly.  Does anyone know of a way to repair/reduce this file size and the burden on the PC?  Seems like there is some type of file cleanup or history removal that needs to be done.  I believe this was originally created in an older version of vision builder and was upgraded from 2014 to 2015  at some point.  I have attempted to do save as to make a new copy and several other basic things but the file size does not change.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(265 Views)