From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIs missing in IMAQ with newly version NI VAS 17.1 under LV2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded from LV2014 to LV2017 (Spring version) and installed the updates before installing NI Vision Acquisition Software 17.1. Afterwards I also installed the drivers "NI Vision Acquisition Software September "  (should I have installed the 17.1's one?).

Then, when opening with LV2017, a previous VI realized in LV2014, many IMAQ Vis are missing like : IMAQ Absolute Difference, IMAQ Histograph, IMAQ Extract, IMAQ Threshhold or IMAQ Particle Analysis Report.

I put an image of the Vision's toolbox.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this ?

Thank you in advance

Nico

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,641 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NicolasFerrier

You need to change/modify the installation of Vision Development Module (just start the installer) and select support of LV2017. Hope that solves it.

(But yes, paths are a problem with different versions of VDM. I have multiple versions on my PCs (32/64bit, various versions of LabVIEW) and especially VA seems to use some absolute paths that I can't quite resolve).

Message 2 of 6
(2,625 Views)

I'm really sorry but where do I find the Vision Development Module ? I checked on MAX, NI website, Package manager but did not find a way to download it ? I think I forgot to install it... How to proceed then ? Do I have to uninstall completely LabView2017 and reinstall it or can I just install the Vision Development Module ? In both case, how do you proceed because I don't find a straightforward way...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,618 Views)

NI website search is just terrible if you don't know the keywords.
You find Vision Acquisition software if you google VAS and Vision Development Module by googling VDM.

Here is VDM 2017:

http://www.ni.com/download/vision-development-module-2017/6640/en/ 

Just close LabVIEW/MAX and run the installer you download from the page.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,615 Views)

Great ! I'm gonna try this and come back to you after. Thanks already !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,609 Views)

It worked fine after installing the Vision Development Module ! Thank you very much !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,581 Views)