cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBai error: Invalid Inspection File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was doing some testing of our system today, and saved this file from another. Everything during the day was hunky dory, but when I went to open the file at home this error keeps persisting. I'm not sure why I cannot open it, and I don't recall making any major changes outside of inspection parameter tweaks. 

Help?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,789 Views)

Hi Cpt,

How did you transfer the file from your office to your home? We have some documentation that indicates the only reason you should see this error is if the file you're referencing isn't a .vbai file, or if the file is corrupt. There's also some indication that email servers have corrupted this file type in the past. Is it possible the file was corrupted by being emailed?

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,738 Views)

Sorry for the late reply. I was never notified of your response. 

The file is located on my HD. There was no transference of file. However, you say the root cause of this error is a corrupted file, so it's quite plausible that I closed my laptop prior to the inspection steps closing. Would this corrupt my file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CptAhab

Hi Cpt,

Any time a file is closed without being properly saved, there's a chance for file corruption depending on what's happening in the code execution. I would assume that was the most likely cause and try to avoid doing so in the future. Unfortunately, the vbai files are not human readable so you can't manually fix a parameter to resolve the corruption. Your best option for moving forward will be remaking the file from a backup or from scratch if no backup exists.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,707 Views)