Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAI 2013 API C# code example

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use a new model NI SmartCAM reader with VBAI 2013 - previously we have been using VBAI 2009 API - and have connect, inspect and get results (specifically ID matrix read and pass status).

The C# code example uses VBAIEngine object.  Not clear how to connect to the camera.  An example that I can make work with the camera would help tremendously.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,052 Views)

There are 2 constructors a to a VBAIEngine. The first one to connect to a local engine, illustrated in the example.

The second one to connect to a remote target such as the Smart Camera.

public VBAIEngine(string ipAddress, bool forceConnection, string password)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,034 Views)

Thank you for this.  Please let me know where I can find documentation for the VBAIEngine (2013).  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,003 Views)

Hello,

You can install support for .NET examples by following the instructions in this KB.

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ZiaAhmed

I am sorry. There is no chm or online documentation for the VBAI .NET API. We currently just provide examples.

The API is relatively easy to use, and the examples provided with VBAI show how to use most of the functions.

For the complete list of the functions and their prototype, double click on the NationalInstruments.VBAI.200x under References in the example project, to view the assembly in the Object Browser.

From there, tyou can expand NationalInstruments.VBAI, click on VBAIEngine and see the list of all methods and their prototypes in the window.

Same thing for NationalInstruments.VBAI.Enums and NationalInstruments.VBAI.Structures.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for now. If you have specific questions on some of the methods, feel free to post again on the forum.

Best regards,

Christophe

Message 5 of 5
(4,978 Views)