Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of APT objects in 64-bit LabVIEW

I have created an APT motion control VI to control a translation stage using 32-bit LabVIEW. However, I have since had to move to 64-bit LabVIEW. I am trying to create a similar VI that will run on the 64-bit version. The problem is when I create my ActiveX container and try to use MGMotor control to connect to the motor, MGMotor Control is not in my list of creatable objects.

Is this because it is not possible to access this particular motor in 64-bit LabVIEW or am I missing drivers that I can download to update the list of creatable objects?

P.S. I am relatively new to LabVIEW but any help at all would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,728 Views)

Hi,

What is the reason you have moved to 64bit LabVIEW? It could be that this driver is not supported on 64 bit LabVIEW but this would have to be confirmed by looking at the driver's requirements.  64 bit LabVIEW currently does not support every thing that 32 bit does but this is being worked on.  Can you provide some more details of this motor driver.

If you have recently installed your new version of LabVIEW then you will need to reinstall the driver again. If you can provide some more details on the driver then perhaps we can find out if it is compatible with 64 bit LabVIEW

Best regards

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,720 Views)

I have the similar situation.  I plant to use APT motor driver (32-bit ActiveX) on 64-bit LabView2010. Due to memory size, I have to use 64-bit LV.  The company provides only 32-bit driver for the controller. I can't insert an *.ocx into my ActiveX container on the front panel.

I wonder if this issue has been solved in a newer version of LV or any other ways.

Best,

Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,650 Views)

I could not find any MGMotor control in LABVIEW 2012... I want to run LTS150 thorlabs device... but could not able to insert MGMotor control as the active X object.. Can anyone help me?? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,457 Views)

Hi, I cannot find the MGMotor from the ActiveX object list. Please kindly tell me how to do it. P.S. My LabVIEW is 2012 SP1 (32-bit).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,981 Views)

Hi all, sorry to drag up an old post but I have the same question. Has there been any update to this after six years?

I similarly would like to control the LTS150 and LTS300 stages using 64-bit LabVIEW. Is there now a driver available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,325 Views)