Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Vision Acquisition Software

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed the Vision Acquisition Software before installing LabVIEW, then read that you have to install LabVIEW first.  I would like to uninstall VAS, but when I go to the control panel/National Instruments Software, there is no single piece of uninstallable software called "Vision Acquisition Software."  I also have the Vision Development Module installed, and I would rather not have to reinstall it as I am working remotely and my discs are at the office.  If I have to download the VDM software off the website and reinstall, I can do that, although I would rather not.

Software details as follows:

LabVIEW 2012

VAS, August 2013

VDM, 2012

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,593 Views)

Hi,

You can simply re-run the Vision Acquisition installer (no need to uninstall first) and it should select to install the LabVIEW pieces the second time if it has been installed.

Also, note that the NI installers are labeled in the system install/uninstall dialog as the single item "National Instruments Software". If you select to Uninstall/Change this item, it will let you select the specific item on a second dialog.

Eric

Message 2 of 5
(6,589 Views)

fallow what  BlueCheese told you to see this

dd.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,580 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diarmaede

The VAS won’t show up as a whole package when uninstalling. Remember that it is actually installing IMAQ, IMAQdx and IMAQ IO which are separated components that you can uninstall one by one.

Capture.JPG 

In any case, I would go with running again the VAS installer as BlueCheese mentioned to add the corresponding LabVIEW support.

Regards,

AGJ

Message 4 of 5
(6,575 Views)

Thanks all.  I am all set now.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,565 Views)