From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change attributes for GigE camera in Ni-Max

Hi - upon deploying a teststand/labview app with a basler aca-1300 gige camera, I was getting "unable to acquire image" from the application error handler.  I ran the basler python viewer and, although I had to mess with packet size and interpacket delay, it was able to capture images so its not a firewall or jumbo packet issue.  But after exiting pylon, the LV app still did not acquire.  So, I figured I would install Ni-Max so I could see the attributes there and see if I could do an acquisition.  After setting up Ni-Max I can see the camera in the list of devices under network devices, but there are no attributes tab nor acquisition controls.  (see attached)  Using the latest Ni-daqMx and runtime IMAQ(licensed).  The Basler .icd and xml files are in the public folder as they should be.  Thanks for any insight.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,659 Views)

Hi,

I ran into problems in the past that some other software installation caused IMAQdx to work inproperly.

So could you please check if IMAQdx is installed(not IMAQ as you mentioned earlier)?

If it is already installed and you are still getting this problem, reinstall the IMAQdx driver, or update to the latest one if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,358 Views)

Ah - turns out labview would set the packet size to 8000 as a default so my ethernet card couldn't handle it.  I needed to set the packetsize property with a DAQmx property node call within the labview code.  Still can't change any attributes in Ni-Max but I don't need to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,307 Views)

Hi I'm running in to same kind of issue and have to set the packet size property node but not sure of the attribute exact name. Could you tell me what is the attribute exact name or from where I can get that name ?  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,777 Views)