Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking the Cars pass through the Road

Dear All,

I am new in LV, I am trying to build a Program for tracking the Cars pass through the Road. However, I have no idea how can I build it.

I am using Labview 2010 and Vision Assistant 2010.

I got a AVI. file which is recorded the road condition for the traffic analysis. 

The proposed tasks are:

1. How can I export all image frames to LV for the tracking?

2. How can I tracking the cars by using different images?

Are that any examples can give me to research?

Thank for your great help

Best Regards,

Faik

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,112 Views)

Faik,

If you are just getting started with LabVIEW I would recommend looking at some of the vision shipping examples.  You can open the Example Finder by going to Help»Find Examples.  Once there, look at the read AVI example located in Toolkits and Modules»Vision»Functions»Read AVI Example.vi.  This will show you how to read in images from an AVI file into LabVIEW.  As far as tracking the vehicles, there are several different approaches you can take.  The most straightforward would be creating a pattern template and then searching for it in each image.  To get started with this approach, look at the Pattern Matching Example.vi located in the same directory.  You can also search through the example code located at ni.com/code for more example programs submitted by both NI employees and LabVIEW community members.

Regards,

Chris L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,086 Views)

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the help, I have success to open the AVI File through the Labview.

However, the tracking function I want is similar to motion detection.

For Example, when I play the AVI file / transfer the AVI file to Image Frames for processing.

The Labview can compare each images and tracking the different cars.

For example, using the attaching file to open some movement of the video.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,070 Views)

There are two examples on ni.com/code which show how to do motion detection in LabVIEW.  The basic idea is to subtract one frame from the other, leaving only the pixels that are not equal between the two frames.  Take a look at these two examples and see if this is what you are trying to do.

Motion Detection Using NI Vision

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4717

Motion Detection Saved to AVI File

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4115

Regards,

Chris L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,065 Views)