Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow frame rate with Prosilica SmartCam

Have here a Prosilica AVT GT1600C and a very slow frame rate...

Here are my .icd information.

I tried to cope with the balance between the ExposureTimeAbs and AcquisitionFrameRateAbs but dont help.

The .icd file is attached (renamed to .txt), installed version: Vision 2013f2

Does some of the vision cracks find some optimizing issues? 🙂

thx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,029 Views)

Hi,

Your file shows ExposureTimeAbs = "500000"

Per http://www.alliedvisiontec.com/fileadmin/content/PDF/Software/Prosilica_software/Prosilica_firmware/...

500000 microseconds =  0.5 sec, so indeed you would get just 2 images per second at that setting

The exposure attribute will dominate the framerate....  i.e. the target framerate could only be achieved if the exposure attribute is small enough.

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,020 Views)

Right, thank you for your reply.

The problem is, that with a lower exposure time my picture gets darker...

I dont know how to brighten it. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,014 Views)

Ah well, yes...    the variables/options are:

• lighting - this is the most commonly overlooked, and often the easiest to fix;  use/buy more/better lighting!
  • lensing - be sure you select a good quality lens (a good lens is more expensive but passes light better), and that the aperture is open as far as possible (unless you have depth of field issues)
  • exposure duration - as long as possible relative to framerate desired or to prevent blurring if motion involved
  • use of gain - this should be a last resort as "noise" increases with gain... but slight use of gain can be helpful under marginal lighting conditions

Regards,

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,012 Views)

The Object (a display) is self luminous. I have a cover over cam and display to prevent other radiation.

Are there any programming options to increase the brightness?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,976 Views)

I think i got it:

with the

Camera Attributes --> Controls --> GainControl --> GainAuto --> set to continuous (was off)

i got brighten

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,974 Views)

Great!  Indeed, by default Gain is "off".   If autogain gets you an acceptable image quality, then that's what counts.  Just know that image artifacts like graininess or flecking can arise if too much gain is used... which is why I suggested the lighting is the preferred way to get better saturation.

Scott

Message 7 of 8
(4,961 Views)

Hi foxx,

is there anything I can help you with?

Best regards

suse

(4,961 Views)