Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with saving Basler linescan GigE camera attributes using IMAQdx Write Attributes??

Hi All,

I am trying to use  IMAQdx Write Attributes, Labview build in function,  to save Basler linescan GigE camera attributes. The problem is it only saves some of the camera attributes. Any

other better way to do it?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Anne  Zuo

Message 1 of 18
(4,742 Views)

Hi Anne,

Is the acquisition configured when you are calling Write Attributes? I don't believe IMAQdx currently enforces this, but if you try to save the settings while the acquisition is configured many attributes cannot be saved. You can call Unconfigure Acqusition before Write Attributes to ensure this is the case.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,737 Views)

Hi Eric,

I tried your suggestion, call Unconfigure and even Stop Acquisition before Write Attributes.  It helps a little bit, saves more parameters, but still miss a lot camera attributes.

Thanks anyway.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,726 Views)

Hi Anne,

Can you give me more details? Perhaps show a snippet of code and tell me what attributes don't seem to be persisting? I've had no problems here saving me settings using a Basler Runner linescan camera.

Thanks,

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,723 Views)

Sure. Here is the code and ini file it saved.  If you compare the attribute table and the file it saved, you will see many parameters are not saved, such as AOI Height, Chunk data etc.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Anne

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,719 Views)

Hi Anne,

Keep in mind some of the attributes are not intended to be persisted because they are either read-only or meant for the current session only rather than a saved configuration. That said, I checked your file and it does seem odd that Height is not persisted (it is on my Runner ruL1024-57gm).

I'd suggest perhaps asking Basler for a firmware update for your camera. The list of which features should be persisted is controlled by the camera's XML file and its possible that you have an older version. Also, make sure you have the latest version of IMAQdx just so we're comparing the same thing.

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,708 Views)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply.  I will give a try and hopefully solve the problem.

Another problem with the Write Attributes is, it remebers the file path where it saved camera attributes. If you don't close the vi, and run it again, the Open Camera will rewrite the saved file.

Does this problem happen to you?

It may be a problem for us. Because we save those attributs as default and may change it manually. At some point, we may reload those default value.

Thanks.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,706 Views)

Hi Eric,

I update IMAQdx from 3.1.2 to 3.2, and even the camera stops working properly, on image coming in at all.   Anything I miss?   

Thanks.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,701 Views)

Hi Eric,

Could you please share your code with me so that I can try it on my camera?  Also, could you try my code with your camera to see how it results?

Thanks a lot.

Anne

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,670 Views)

Hi Eric

I am also using the Basler Runner cameras and experiencing the same problem that the Height parameter is not persistent. I've had a quick look at the camera's Genicam definition file and could not see any obvious difference between the definition of Width and Height parameters. But the Width parameter has no problems with persistence. However, I may be wrong, so can you please make sure there really is an error in the definition file? If so, I will definitely contact Basler to make a correction.

Just to be sure we have the same camera definition files, I'm attaching mine.

Vladimir

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(4,539 Views)