From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Vision software

I'm trying to install the latest version of NI Vision Assistant and keep getting the error:  

Error 1714. The older version of NI Vision Assistant 2015 SP1 cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

In the NI Software Uninstaller, I see entries for NI Vision 2013 SP1 and NI Vision Assistant 2013 SP1.  When I try to uninstall those, I get:

Error 1612 occurred. Would you like to continue this operation?

Note that Vision 2013 is no longer installed, or at least doesn't work.  These errors have cropped up after upgrading to Windows 10 and trying to uninstall my old LabVIEW and reinstall the latest version.  There have been other quirks about my Windows upgrade, so maybe that screwed something up?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,023 Views)
you did not uninstall old version to install new version
it seem you have problem with your uninstalled version
use some Advanced Uninstaller program to solve this problem
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,009 Views)

I have tried uninstalling the old version and get the error, as I stated above.  I also downloaded the 2013 installer and tried re-installing just the 2013 version (with the 2015 version uninstalled), and this does not seem to work either as the 2013 installer fails as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,006 Views)

did you use a software for advance instal  like this software

this

it help you to unsistal software complately and solve problem 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,004 Views)

Unfortunately these problems are likely related to the upgrade to Windows 10.  The only supported versions of the Vision Development Module on Windows 10 are versions 2015 and 2015 SP1.  When you discuss the new software, are you referring to version 2015 SP1 from 2015 or from 2013?  Also, are you also removing the corresponding Vision Acquisition Software?

There has been a problem with the Vision Acquisition Software 15.5 leaving remaining traces of a few DLLs that prevent the computer from allowing an earlier version from installing with ease.  Have you tried reinstalling 2015 SP1 on your computer to use instead of 2013?

Kelli Kravetz
Product Marketing Manager
LabVIEW, LabVIEW NXG, LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,965 Views)

Yes, I have tried installing the latest 2015 SP1 and that is what keeps failing; sorry I wasn't clear in my original post.

My guess - these remnants of files you mentioned are on my system and I can't figure out how to get rid of them.  Since I upgraded both Windows and LabVIEW at nearly the same time, its likely I cannot recover a working system.  So, this week I will be wiping my C drive clean and starting over with fresh installs of everything on my computer (this will fix other problems I've had with the Windows upgrade as well).

I still wish the NI software was a bit better designed in terms of its install/uninstall procedures, but for this particular problem I blame both NI and Microsoft for a tag-team effort.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,912 Views)

Were you able to reformat your computer and perform the installation?

Kelli Kravetz
Product Marketing Manager
LabVIEW, LabVIEW NXG, LabWindows/CVI, Measurement Studio
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,839 Views)