Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-1429 - Computer would only boot without graphics card plugged in

Hey,

I would like to install the NI framegrabber card PCIe-1429 on my computer and use it alongside my graphics card. 

However, the computer does not seem to boot when I plug in both cards. It only boots with one of the two cards inserted.

Could this be compatibility issue or rather insufficient power supply?

Graphics card - NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450

Main board - Intel DZ68BC

framegrabber - PCIe-1429

cheers

J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,692 Views)

Hi James,

It does sound like a compatiblity issue. Is it possible for you to use another PC or another PCie card?

If not then I advise ensuring your BIOS is the most up to date version. Follow this link to update your BIOS.

It is my understandign that the PCie-1429 has onboard graphics, are you able to just run using the PCie-1429 and utlizing the onboard graphics or does your application require the NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450?

I hopse some of this helps,

Kind Regards,

Ashley Nunn

Ashley Nunn | MEng (Hons) | CLA | CTD
Senior Technical Support Engineer, NI
Message 2 of 11
(5,659 Views)

Just wanted to check have you gone through this link?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Matrox-G550-and-PCI-DIO-96-conflict/td-p/118648

It says there might be a problem with the Power that is not enough for booting up the PC

Message 3 of 11
(5,658 Views)

Hey Ashley,

thanks for the comment. 
I did update the BIOS - it didn't help.

Unfortunately, I need the graphics card and can't rely on onboard graphics.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,651 Views)

Ah, thanks for the link!

I will definitely try chaning the supply (and this monitor trick), but I just checked my supply: its a Zalman 600-ST, with 600 W, so I would be very surprised if this really is the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,649 Views)

Hi James. 

Shame it didnt work. Please let us know how the monitor trick turns out.

I looked into the power requirements and the graphics card you listed requires 400 W.

The PCie card requires, I believe, 15 W.

Ashley Nunn | MEng (Hons) | CLA | CTD
Senior Technical Support Engineer, NI
Message 6 of 11
(5,645 Views)

Hey,

no, sadly the 'monitor trick' didn't work.

I also tried another power supply (a smaller one with only 485 W, in case the 600W Zalman is faulty), but that didn't do the trick either. I dont have a larger one at hand, but I doubt that this is the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,637 Views)

Have you checked your motherboard specification whether it supports more than 1 Graphics card?

Or

Is it an issue of primary slot and secondary slot so that the PCIe will go in secondary slot and graphics card will go in primary slot near to CPU or vice versa. Just a thought..!

Message 8 of 11
(5,626 Views)

[1] the manual of the motherboard says "External Graphics: • Support for multiple PCI Express* 2.0 graphics cards"

So I guess that is okay.

[2] And I tried both combinations...

cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,621 Views)

It seems I am out of ideas pal..

Try changing primary PCIe from BIOS setting and making Geforce as primary. And then turning off the PC and inserting NI PCIe card and rebooting the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,605 Views)