Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCB VISION INSPECTION

Hi All,

i have to inspect PCB of (15cm*7cm),in the PCB i have to find out ocr written on the top of the register. shape of the register(means presence absence of the object on the PCB),Solder height detection.

i need some help regarding this.

what kind of camera we can use?

what would be the resolution of that camera?

what kind of light can be used?

How much Camera would be required for this application?

what would be the processing time?

Waiting for your positive reply........................

prashant soni

Prashant Soni
LabVIEW Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,955 Views)

Hi Mr. Prashant,

I need a few more data to suggest the right kind of camera..

Camera : Do you want a stand-alone system where the processing of the image is done on spot or you prefer transmitting the image to a remote processing unit and then do the analysis?

Resolution : As you might be aware of, the resolution can be determined with the height of the camera from the object and the size of the object..

In this case, the Dimension of smallest character written on the register is needed...

The size of the PCB is given but the distance from the cam needs to be mentioned...

We can get the details of an object by zooming it closer in case of a low resolution camera... but if the size of the object is bigger then it cannot be captured completely.. so we need to optimise the zooming and the resolution based on the Size of the Object, Distance of the object from Camera and the Dimensions of the Smallest feature on the object that needs to be recognised...

Number of camera: As the measurement of the solder height is also involved, the axis of camera needs to be perpendicular to the vertical axis of the solder...

Thus, the height can be measured either by placing a camera on the sides of the PCB,( to get a better picture of it, placing the cameras on the Corners of the PCB will prevent errors due to overlapping of IC pins), but this increases the number of cameras.. 

Or by Flipping and rotating the PCB to match the vertical axis of the solder to the view of the camera.. - here a single camera will do if the flipping and rotating is possible at the same spot under the camera..

The processing time depends on the processor speed, the image size and the code, which can be determined only after resolving the above queries and the algorithm of the program quoted..

With regards,

N A Gokul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,938 Views)