Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output from camera

Hi, I've successfully done getting the trigger from my previous post, but now I need to set an output to the robot. I try to do it with Read/Write I/O (NI-DAQmx) but it needs a Virtual Channel Configuration in NI-MAX. I've done, I think I did it correctly, the setting for the digital output on NI-MAX, the documentation didn't help me, I've done what I could with what I guessed the options meant. But still it says no configuration was made, so I believe I didn't do it right.. Is there any other helpful documentation or something? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,718 Views)

Hi Andrionn,

Could you please tell us more about what hardware do you have? Basically the camera model and DAQ board model which you have.

I could not understand if you would like to write output from camera digital output or from a DAQ board.

Read/Write I/O (NI-DAQmx) function is only used for National Instruments DAQ boards and you need to configure it via NI MAX. Depending on your DAQ board model, it is pretty easy, go MAX > Data Neighborhood > Create New Global Virtual Channel > Generate Signal > Digital Output > Line Output > Physical. The list of available output lines of your DAQ board will appear. You can choose the one you need and close MAX. Then you will be able to use the function on VBAI.

But if you are trying to use the camera built in digital output by a I/O cable connected to camera, you do not need DAQmx step. You can configure the camera signals via Acquire Image and Read/Write Camera Attributes steps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,683 Views)

It would be easier to try to help you if you explain at least which hardware you own and in which context you use it.

Sami

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,682 Views)

To create a virtual channel, follow these steps:

1. Open MAX

2. Right Click on Data neighborhood under the System you are using and select New (i.e. if connected to a remote target with VBAI, use the Data Neighborhood under that target in MAX.)

3. Select NI-DAQmx Global Virtual Channel

4. Select the Input/Output you want and map it to the correct DAQ channel.

5. Once you have made a channel ,you can also test it in the MAX Test Panel. Now you should be able to use it in VBAI once you close MAX so the device isn't reserved by MAX.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,676 Views)