Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCR individual character recognition problem

Hi All,

I am new to using OCR features so sorry if my question is dumb but I have not been able to find a solution so far. I am developing an application that needs to read text from a printed label.

I am using the standard OCR function from LabVIEW through the Vision Assistant and I have trained the characters to the point that everything seems to be working just fine, except one thing that is driving me mad.

The label printer tends to print the r and t too close together to the point that they lightly touch, that causes the OCR function to take them as one character like in the image below. I am about to train that combination as a character that I am sure is not going to be used on the labels and change it afterwards on the LabVIEW Code. But I was hoping I am missing some kind of configuration or trick that could help me read those as separate characters.

So my question would be is there a way to read the rt as separate characters or should I go ahead and train them as a different character and correct them on the code?

cesquivelf23_0-1599057037552.png

Thanks!

Carlos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(870 Views)