Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCIe-1427 + PFRemote

I'm trying to get a brand new NI 1427 framegrabber to work with an old PhotonFocus MV-D640-66 camera, but not successfully.

One strange thing is that the PFRemote software (used for changing settings in the camera) can not connect to the NI 1427 until I start MAX and click on the framegrabber there. According to PhotonFocus support it should be able to run without MAX.

Same thing if I close MAX with PFRemote connected to the framegrabber, PFRemote stops responding.

I can occasionally snap images in MAX from the camera (like a proof of life), but most of the time I just get error 0xBFF60022.

If I click Grab it will always end with error 0xBFF60022.

I use the latest updates of NI software:

Vision Acquisition from September 2013

NI-MAX 5.5.1f0

I have tried this setup on both Win7 x64 and WinXP x86 with the same behavior.

PhotonFocus support has remotely connected to my system and checked the setup and settings but can't find any faults.

The camera works fine on an old computer with an old Coreco PC2-camlink framegrabber.

I'm getting desperate, please give me some advice on how to get this running. Or can I have a bad framegrabber?

/Jan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,641 Views)
Does your camera file set a specific baud rate for the camera? If your external control app doesn't set it directly, maybe this is why it only works when you have MAX open?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,629 Views)

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

The camera file sets the baud rate to 9600, but shouldn't that setting stay set after closing MAX?

It's like MAX turns the communication on and off.

There is also the next problem to even get images from the camera, it's just working occasionally, and with no apparent pattern in the circumstances.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,625 Views)