From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI CVS

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day,

I just want to ask if one CVS can cater 4 cameras simultaneously? How?

Your quick response will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,365 Views)

Hi Lelei,

What model of CVS do you have? Also, what communication/camera bus are you using for your cameras (e.g., USB 2.0, USB 3.0, GigE)?

Best Regards,

Kale

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,343 Views)

Hi Kale, 

Thanks for your response, I will use CVS 1457 and 4 GigE cameras.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,305 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lelei

Hi Lelei,

The CVS 1457 is designed to be used with one or two cameras. It may be possible to use a GigE splitter, but this is not supported so there's no guarantee that it will work.

- Kale

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,294 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lelei

Hi Lelei,

Thank you for your interest in NI Machine Vision products! As Kale mentioned, the CVS-1457RT has two dedicated Power Over Ethernet (PoE) ports. The use of multiple GigE cameras on a single port can be achieved through the use of a network switch, but you will of course be sharing bandwidth between multiple cameras. Please refer to this article for further information: Does NI-IMAQdx Support Multiple Cameras on a GigE Switch?

Also, what processing, if any, needs to be done on the images coming in from the 4 GigE cameras? If you need more processing power, the CVS-1458RT may be a better option.

Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,285 Views)

Hi Kale and Joseph,

I really appreciate your response, i think these informations will be a big help.

Thanks. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,249 Views)