From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple tasks: Image capture (GigE), data acquisition, and running syringe pump

In my application I want to capture images continuously with time stamps in milliseconds, acquire data using USB 6210, and run a syringe pump. I can run the syringe pump and acquire data with time timestamps, but I have problems with capturing images at a decent speed (I am running  while loop). I am using is a Basler GigE Basler camera that can capture 20 frames per second, but the speed became very low when I am using the loop.

I would appreciate if you guys have any suggestions!

--S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,943 Views)

So within the same loop you do Image Acquisition with IMAQdx, Data Acquistion with DAQmx and you control a syringe pump. How do you control the pump? Do you have LabVIEW API or is it through an interface like GPIB or Serial? Do you process the acquired data within this loop?

What loop-rates do you achieve and what rates do you expect?

Could you post your code?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,935 Views)

At this stage I have three separate programs, (1) for data acquisition (NI 6210), (2) for running pump through serial->USB port, using my own code, (3) for Image Acquisition with IMAQdx. I will put these three together once I am happy with individual program.

The first two programs running well, but the problem is with the Image acquisition loop. I am not doing any processing within the loop and if I write every image on the hard disc the image acquisition rate slows down significantly (2 fps instead of 20 fps). To solve that problem I am trying to acquire images and saving to binary files (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20952). However, I am not sure how to dequeue the data into individual images or how to get the time stamps for individual images.

Thanks for your help

--S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,928 Views)

@sankun wrote:

However, I am not sure how to dequeue the data into individual images or how to get the time stamps for individual images.

I assume you want to know how to get the images back out of the binary file. You could use something like this:

Untitled.png

If you want timestamps you have to create them along with the image acquisition. Then you will have to pass the timestamp somehow to the loop where you save the images. you will need to do some conversion to save it with the image to the binary file. This will become quite complex then.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,915 Views)