From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify TAP geometry on camera file generator

Hi,

I am making camerafile on Camera File Generator (FG is PCIe1433) for line camera. However right side of obtained image was flipped. I expect TAP geometory setting is something wrong. How to modify the TAP geometry to make correct image?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,051 Views)

Hi KW,

Since only half of your image is flipped, it sounds like you might be using a 2-tap camera. Here is where to modify the tap settings in the Camera File Generator:

TapConfig.JPG

I would recommend toggling through the Tap Directions / Tap Orientation settings (the arrows under the blue grid) and observing how they change the image you see.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,036 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply. I tested 4TAP camera and torgled Tap Configuration. However I couldn't obtain right image. Is there any chance to modify each arrow direction ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,977 Views)

KW,

Each frame grabber only supports certain tap configurations, so you won't necessarily be able each arrow independently. I would recommend looking in the camera manual and seeing how it specifies the tap direction, and then try to match that. If the information is not clear from the camera manual, you might need to contact the camera manufacturer.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
Message 4 of 4
(3,966 Views)