Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ: image color ramp and scale comparative to intensity

Hello there.

I started using the Vision Development Kit.

Now I trying to find a solution to get my data to an image comparytive to an intensity graph.

I was looking all over the whole NI discussion board and all the examples but could not find anything.

I would like to have some x and y coordinates on those axis and moreover a color ramp to control the colors ind the image.

Is there a way to to this? I added a picture to show exactly what I mean.

intensity2image.JPG

On the lefthand side you can see the image that I filled with data and an array (1) with colors that I created.

The bad thing about the array is that I cannot control the colors.

On the righthand side you can see an intensity graph with the axis that I need.

The reasons why I need the IMAQ are the benefits of histogram, ROI, etc...

Is the a possibility to do that?

Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,036 Views)

TimT2006 -

You can set the palette of an Image Display Control - it's a property available on the property node.  If you want to experiment with existing ones, you can get the five builtin palettes with IMAQ GetPalette.

Greg Stoll

Vision R&D

National Instruments

Greg Stoll
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,016 Views)

Hi there!

I should get through those things referring to the color palettes...

How about the scale?

Is there a way draw or show this kind of scale onto the image?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,988 Views)

TimT2006 -

There isn't a builtin way to do this.  One thing you could do is create an image with one line per color in your palette, and then display that in a second image display control. (and turn off the toolbar, image info, etc.)

Greg Stoll

Vision R&D

National Instruments

Greg Stoll
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,984 Views)

I still haven't got through so far.

Did anyone have the same problem working with IMAQ and thermographial pictures?

The main problem that I still have is the scaling of the color ramp.

If I do generate my own color ramp by picking the present colors and fill them up into an array that represents my actual home made color ramp.

But now if I would like to change the upper or lower scale limit I do not know how to calculate the new array....

Maybe there is someone who can help me out?!

Thanks a lot....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,834 Views)

The root cause - you have 16 bit image. You can't add custom palette to the 16 bit image.

What you can do is following:

1. Convert 16 bit image to 8 bit image (linear mapping in desired range - 4022 mapped to 0 and 4848 to 255).

2. Create palette with 256 elemenths, where 0 is red, and 255 is yello (also linear mapping inbetween)

3. Show 8 bit image with custom pallette.

The only disadvantage - you will not see true intensities in Image Info, so you should disable Built in Image Info, then by tracking XY coords obtain true intensities and show in string indicator (if you need this, of course)

Hope it helps,

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,831 Views)
Just to better show you what I mean I uploaded a VI with an intensity graph and an image. Beside the image I created an array with the included color ramp. IF the color ramp of the intensity graph is on autoscale the created array beside the image is the same. But how can I adjust this created color ramp and the image just like if I change the upper and lower level of the intensity color ramp? *********** VI is in LV 8.5.1
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,784 Views)

Hi

Can you please send

color_table_translater.vi

just i need to run color-ramp vi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,098 Views)