From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ display X-Control

Hello LV Vision Users/ NI Support,

I am trying to create a custom looking Image control. I decided to use a X-Control for IMAQ Display and I am having some trouble. When I use IMAQ reference inside a X-control it never gets updated, when I write to the indicator. Therefore, I was told by NI to use a Cluster and change the Boolean value each time you write to the image. Which seems to work, however the performance has slowed down significantly and I am wondering if anyone else know a better way to implement this. I have attached my code for reference. 

LV version 2017

Thanks,

Ruchi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,576 Views)
could you post your code in 2014 version
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,554 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,546 Views)
I see your code now but before think in improve the method and speed of operation there is some question
i as see you have just simple image ass indicator
for custom indicator why you do not use custom controls
option?
also the indicator that I see have simple change from original type and you can create it just by coloring original one so why you try to use x control that are design for complex controls ?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,522 Views)

I made the code very simple for debugging purposes. I have a lot of implementations to go in there. including adding and deleting ROI's renaming ROI's etc. For debugging purposes I strip all of them out. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,516 Views)
sorry for my late answer I was busy
I do not know what is the rate that you want refresh the x control but there is limit for such control based on their ingredient behavior
using queue function to create
producer consumer loops could enhance speed but it will be not as same as simple image control speed
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,485 Views)