Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Get LCD ROI

Can you point me to someone who knows how the IMAQ Get LCD ROI function works?  The function requires an image and a ROI descriptor.  The descriptor provides the position of the seven segment characters in the image.  I'm working from an example provided by NI Support. (LCD Example.lvproj).  It's found here https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40515.  If I use my own image and adjust the coordinates in the ROI descriptor to match the position of the seven segment characters displayed I receive an "invalid ROI" message.  If you search the NI site for the error it states it's a ROItoMask error coming from the IMAQ Get LCD ROI function.  A picture of the error is attached.  I'm just trying to determine if LabView can recognize seven segment characters from digital images.  Their example seems to suggest "yes" but for images other than those provided the answer appears to be "no".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,344 Views)

Please check the comment on the same post...someone pointed 

Hockeyjim07 Jan 23, 2015 6:34 PM

I would like to add a quick note here. The Smallest ROI size is 95x87. Anything smaller than this results in a ROI error.

-I think you have given smaller ROI than this and hence the error...

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,290 Views)