cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run vision inspection build in VBAI 2011 on PC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone!

I am currently working on machine vision project in VBAI 2011. First tests of my vision algorithm I made with images acquired previously by original camera. I used simulate acquisition to work on those images. When I finished my project in VBAI I decided to migrate my inspection to LabVIEW 2011 using new API, because I have to create more complex User Interface. I created following piece of code:

problem.png

I got it from http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/doc/p/id/wv-2424

I don't know what should I connect to the Session In input of VBAI Interface - Open Inspection.vi, and my VI doesn't work at all.

I would really appreciate any help. Please let me know if you had previously similar problem, and how to solve it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,614 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MicMac89

You need to call Launch Local VBAI Engine and then the Connect to Engine VI. Look at the example under your VBAI 2011/API examples/LabVIEW examples folder for how to do this.

Thanks,

Brad

Message 2 of 4
(3,613 Views)

The video you referenced shows how to control a VBAI engine on an RT target, so you don't need the Launch Local VBAI engine VI I mentioned. Another difference is that you need to specify the full path to the inspection when using a local engine that runs on your PC vs. a remote VBAI engine that is running on a target (all inspections on RT are saved in the same folder, so you just need the name of the inspection for the RT case). The video does show the use of the Connect VI, which you are missing in your code.

Hope this helps,

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,610 Views)

Dear Brad,

Thank you a lot for your quick and comprehensive response. You mentioned an example that I was looking for, an example which explains what I need to add to my program. I supposed that I need something like Local VBAI Engine function. Now everything is clear for me, thanks a lot again.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,605 Views)