From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a trigger signal from d-sub on NI PCIe-1427 frame grabber

Hello

I am using a PCIe-1427 frame grabber with a CCD camera. The camera works with a light source and I need to make a strobe light using a 15-pin D-SUB connector on PCIe-1427 frame grabber. I know that there are 4 trigger signals available to send on D-SUB connector. Does anybody know how can I do this? Is there any example or maybe somebody has any ideas? Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,176 Views)

Hi Ivan,

I'm sure you have seen this document, but I would like to first link the user manual for the NI 1427

NI PCIe-1427 User Manual

On page 3-3, you can find the pinout of the DSUB connection. The TTL trigger lines are the first four pins. For the software aspect, I recommend trying out the HL Pulse Generation example which can be found in the NI Example Finder by following the steps below:

1. Open any LabVIEW Window and click Help -> Find Examples...
  2. You will see a file tree organized by task. Navigate the tree to Hardware Input and Output -> Vision Acquisition -> NI-IMAQ -> Signal Input and Output
  3. There are several examples in this folder which may be helpful. The HL Pulse Generation example provides an easy UI for configuring a trigger on any available line so you can familiarize yourself with the API

Please let us know if this is a sufficient starting point for you and thank you for posting!

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 2
(2,132 Views)