Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control property nodes for USB camera?

Hi Blue Cheese,

I've downloaded Vision Acquisition 2009 and able to use IMAQdx vi. I am using "IMAQdx Enumerate Attribute" and connect to "array to cluster" then to "unbundle by name" to extract the properties (see attached photo). The problem is there is no camera attribute for focus. Logitech provides software that can control camera settings such as focus(see attached photo).

Can you check my vi whether I am using the correct function?

Thank you,

Hart

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,977 Views)

Hi Hart,

I think you are doing things wrong in your VI... You likely don't want to convert the array to a cluster and unbundle it. Simple iterate through the attribute array. You should check out the "Grab and Attributes" example. It is a bit complicated because it has a tree control and UI events, but it might still be helpful.

Also, you can try clicking on your camera in MAX to see the features that its drivers are exposing to IMAQdx. If you see the focus there then you know it will work from LabVIEW.

Eric 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,973 Views)
Hi BlueCheese,
Thanks a lot, now I am able to control USB webcam attributes especially focus. I am curious, do I have to replace all IMAQ USB vi with IMAQdx vi?

Thank you,
Hart
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,961 Views)

hart wrote:
Hi BlueCheese,
Thanks a lot, now I am able to control USB webcam attributes especially focus. I am curious, do I have to replace all IMAQ USB vi with IMAQdx vi?

Thank you,
Hart

Yes. But not in vi.lib folder, of course. In your project. The common concept is remain the same, but you will get additional IMAQdx vi for control properties, etc. Refer to the examples shipped with IMAQdx

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,959 Views)