Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use LabVIEW to determine if my USB3 camera is connected to a USB2 port

Solved!
Go to solution

My development laptop is a Dell Inspirion. It has 2 USB3 ports and 2 USB2 ports. They are all colored black. I inadvertently connected my USB3 camera to a USB2 port. MAX was able to communicate, setting and reading  commands. However, when I initiated a grab, I immediatly got  a blue screen crash. Moving the camera to a USB3 port resolvedthe problem and I assume it is because of the great difference in speed. Any way what I want to do is to determine if the camera is connected to a USB3 port on initialization of the LabVIEW program. Any ideas?

LeMur Technology Services, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,724 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GleMunyan

What sort of camera is it? If it one complying with the "USB3 Vision" standard, it should either work at USB 2.0 speeds or give you a nice error message indicating it isn't capable of doing so. There is also an attribute that IMAQdx provides that indicates the connection speed.

However, I suspect this is a non-standard camera using vendor drivers and a Directshow interface to IMAQdx. In that case there is no way for IMAQdx to know the connection speed, and the issue with the blue screen would need to be resolved with the vendor's own drivers.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,686 Views)

This is a new camera being developed by my customer. Getting the speed back usind IMAQdx is not supported. I will address the issue with the company that did the camera interface.

LeMur Technology Services, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,623 Views)