Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GigE Vision Multithreading Problem

I noticed that my configuration of the vi are for LOW-LEVEL ACQUISTION.

will this affect my processing speed?

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 45
(1,807 Views)

i am about to give up on this project.

do you guys know anyone from Ni or anyone who would like to take on this project?

let me know

thanks

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 45
(1,805 Views)

You didn't answer my questions.  How fast can it process now?  How fast do you need it to process?

When searching for a single T, did you set the number of objects to find to 4 instead of the default 1?

There are many LabVIEW consultants that do this for a living, myself being one of them.  If you are willing and able to pay for the services, you can get what you need.  Most of the time it will be much better than you ever expected it to be.  If you want to discuss this option further, feel free to contact me by email (see my profile for address).

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 45
(1,796 Views)

i am still processing at 0 fps or max 0.5 fps

i need it to process about at least 15 fps.

i have removed all except 1 T and the result is still the same. still 0 fps.

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 45
(1,793 Views)

Whatever you are using to measure the analysis rate is not working.  No matter how long the analysis takes, it shouldn’t read zero.

I used Vision Assistant and created a template based on the image you posted.  I enlarged the image to get it to about the same size as your original image.  I created a template and searched for four copies in the image.  Vision Assistant has a great tool for measuring the performance of a script.  It takes about 39 msec to do the search on my computer, which would give you about 25 fps of analysis.

I have attached the images and the script.

Are you just trying to measure rotation?  If so, there are simpler ways to do it.  What is the maximum possible rotation amount?

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 45
(1,758 Views)

Thank you,

i will try it out and let you know

and my process rate function gotta work because i put in a webcam and it works

18985i3EE145950581D741

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 45
(1,755 Views)

I tried the script you sent me and i believe that if you would to add the overlay and the set coordinates out. it will take longer time.

how did you find out that it takes about 39ms to do the analysis?

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 45
(1,755 Views)

In Vision Assistant I used Tools -> Performance Meter.  It figures out how long each step of your script takes, then calculates your max FPS for your analysis.

Have you posted your code for your analysis?  I still have doubts about it measuring the analysis rate correctly.  You should be able to get several FPS unless your analysis is incredibly slow.  Are you doing things like training the image or other things that only need to be done once inside the loop?

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 45
(1,749 Views)

19079iE2BCD824E8A04C26

1 fps?

Best regards,
Krispiekream
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 45
(1,733 Views)

I am using a webcam at this moment.

I am getting 0.9 fps.

i am acquiring at max 15 fps.

I realized that higher the resolution, the slower the processing speed will be. but the higher the resolution. the more precise the matching will be.

19105iFC2643D2199E2FD4

Best regards,
Krispiekream
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 45
(1,728 Views)