Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame timeout error using Configure Trigger3.vi

Hi all,

I'm triggering the frame capture of an .avi with an RTSI connection.  However, I keep getting a frame timeout error when I use the IMAQ Configure Trigger3.vi.  I don't get any timeout errors when I just use the IMAQ Generate Pulse3.vi but I am trying to sync the frame capture to an optical switch.  If I just use IMAQ Generate Pulse3.vi, I get a .avi but the frames are completely out of sync with the switch, but if I use both IMAQ Generate Pulse3.vi  and Configure Trigger3.vi I get nicely separated images but it takes an age and ends up in a timeout error.

I want to capture e.g. 500 frames, over the course of 2 s - so I've set my frame timeout to be 2000.   At my current acquisition rate (31680 Hz per line (1024 pixels)) 500 frames corresponds to a total of 1.578 s (images are 100 pxls in height).  This is much less than the total scanning time.  Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Miika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,173 Views)

Hey Miika

What are the hardware you are using. These vi's only work with specific hardware and this may be why they are not functioning correctly. For example the Configure trigger3 vi only works with the following PCIe-1427, PCIe-1429, PCe-1430, PCIe-1433.

Matthew Trott
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,157 Views)

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using PCIe-1427 for my camera control and PCI-6731 to control my SCC-68 connector block.

Kind regards,

Miika

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,155 Views)

On your image you have got the configure trigger vi using the RTSI bus. This is just an extra pin on that vi. Does that Help?

Matthew Trott
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,140 Views)