Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flir A320 and Labview

Hi,

I'll be using the A320 Flir camera and acquiring images using the Flir Labview toolkit. I'm aware the Flir Labview toolkit requires NI IMAQ and if I only install support for only NI IMAQ from my vision software, I do not require a License, so I can effectively develop the system which does not require a license everytime I deploy an exe. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, does anyone know if this toolkit for using the Flir cameras will be fine with Labview 2009?

Thanks, any responses will be appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,636 Views)

Good Evening JChec,

If the Flir LabVIEW Toolkit only requires NI IMAQ, you will not need to activate each installation.  However, the newest version of NI-IMAQ is only available as part of NI Vision Acquisition Software.  This package includes NI-IMAQ, NI-IMAQdx, and NI-IMAQ I/O.  At the time of installation, you can choose to not install the latter two parts.

For compatibility questions regarding this particular toolkit, you may be best off contacting Flir, directly.

Message 2 of 4
(3,608 Views)

Hi Charlie and JChec

I am using A320 as well. The camera alredy shot lot of  *.fff images. How do I open and process the images in Labview vision software? Does the Flir labview tool kit has a VI that can converter *.fff image to the format that Labview vision can access?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,909 Views)

Hong,

To use the image in LabVIEW Vision it will have to be in one of the following supported image formats.  I'm not sure if FLIR's toolkit has a converter or not, I've never used it.  If not, you can open the image in photo editing software and resave it in the proper format and then upload it to LabVIEW.  Hope this helps.

AIPD

Bitmap

JPEG

JPEG 2000

TIFF

PNG

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/862567530005F09C86256759007628AF?OpenDocument

Vision and Motion Enthusiast
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,902 Views)