Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall Transversal.

Quick question guys,

Do you know if Dalsa cameras support that function? Also, which version of Imaqdx do I need to run it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,914 Views)

Spaaw,

I've taken a look at Dalsa's website. It appears there are many types of camera connections. Do you have a particular camera in mind? http://www.teledynedalsa.com/mv/products/cameras.aspx

My impression is that firewall traversal seems like a behavior independant of the camera based on this wikipedia article. What is your rationale for needing this sort of behavior?

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,905 Views)

I have a CR-GEN0-C6400 camera.

I need to get around the firewall on the network that's blocking all incoming data.

Thanks,

Peter 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,898 Views)

Hi Peter,

I have a Genie M640-S3 with a semi-recent firmware and it appears that the camera _does not_ support the optional GigE Vision spec firewall traversal feature (the "FirewallTraversal::Supported" feature in IMAQdx indicates this capability).

As an alternative, you could use one of the several NI GigE Vision cards that can make use of our High Performance driver. Because of the low-level nature of the driver, GigE Vision traffic can be received even when a software firewall is in place.

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,891 Views)