From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding frequency of a blinking light using vision builder

Hi all,

Can any one suggest me how to find the frequency of a blinking light using vision builder 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,151 Views)

What are the frequency and the duty cycle ?

Sami Fathallah

Opto France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,125 Views)

Thanks for the reply sami

Total on and off time is 5 seconds and duty cycle is 50% 

But I need to calculate through time stamp is it possible to calculate?

And can I know how to store continous change of  pixel value of blinking light in array

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,122 Views)

Blinking frequency is quite low and duty cycle balanced. So, except if you're looking for very high measurement accuracy, it shouldn't be too difficult to do so in Vision Builder. I can't provide you a ready made inspection but just the following advices :

• the camera frame rate should be your timebase and thus will define your period measurement accuracy
  • reducing the image width and height to small values should enable you to increase the frame rate (if you are imaging the led light directly, you may have enough light to use short exposure time and not limit the frame rate by this parameter)
  • setup the acquisition mode to "Every image" and use appropriate buffer number to make sure you will not skip any frame
  • using average value in measure intensity step to evaluate if the led is on or off should do the job

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,086 Views)