From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyon

e use an NI framegrabber card without the IMAQ Vision processing? I can write code in LabView or C or MatLab to do my processing, however I need to interface with a camera, using only Low-Level functions. I do not want to pay for the unecessary software.I bought the PCI-1422 because of the flexability it offered, triggers, control lines, interrupts, however now I find that NI support on this product is almost non-existant, the manual provides little or no information, and almost every example wants WinDraw (i.e. IMAQ Vison).

Can anyone offer support on Low-Level IMAQ functions? To begin with, I can not generate a trigger pulse in hardware, although the software seems to believe the pulse is there.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,983 Views)
e use an NI framegrabber card without the IMAQ Vision processing? I can write code in LabView or C or MatLab to do my processing, however I need to interface with a camera, using only Low-Level functions. I do not want to pay for the unecessary software.Ryan,

I don't have any examples for you, but you should be able to do everything with the low level functions. You could always create your own "WinDraw" function that extracts the image array and displays it in picture control. This way, any example you load will find your WinDraw instead of the IMAQ one. It won't run as fast, but should help.

Your problem may be the ICD file for your camera. What type of camera are you using with it? I was using a Kodak camera and discovered that some of the trigger lines were configured wrong. After fixing it, everything worked fine.

Don't get discouraged. The 1422 is an excellent board, once you get the bugs out of the drivers.

Bruce
Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
Message 2 of 2
(2,983 Views)