Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted Camera Output

Hello there. I will work on a project  about Real-Time Vision via Labview. When I've tried to test my cam at NI MAX(nimaxscreenshot.jpg) everything is okay. But when I try to test my cam via simple test vi(blockdiagram.jpg) my cam output(frontpanel.jpg) is distorted. My camera is Basler Pylon acA2500-14gc. What is the problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(6,123 Views)

have you tried without vision express by using imaqdx functions only?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
(6,075 Views)

imaqdx.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45
(6,073 Views)

Actually I am new to image processing at Labview so I don't have knowledge about this toolkit. The blockdiagram that I used is from a Youtube video. Now I used this blockdiagram(block2) and result is same distorted output.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(6,072 Views)

I have seen something like this when the image size is maxed out on the camera.  Try reducing the acquisition area by a few pixels in each dimension.  If this fixes it, you can slowly add pixels until you figure out the exact problem.  Make sure your starting pixel is even, or your bayer correction will be wrong.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(6,042 Views)

"I have seen something like this when the image size is maxed out on the camera.  Try reducing the acquisition area by a few pixels in each dimension.  If this fixes it, you can slowly add pixels until you figure out the exact problem.  Make sure your starting pixel is even, or your bayer correction will be wrong."

How can I do this in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
(6,039 Views)

The easiest way is to do it in MAX, then check it in LabVIEW.  You can set camera properties from LabVIEW, but it is more work.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(6,031 Views)

Hello Mr. Ammons, in MAX, which option do I need to reduce the acquisiton area you've talked about? I could not find an option about change acquisition area.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(6,028 Views)

In your MAX screenshot it is the region of interest.

Bruce

Bruce Ammons
Ammons Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(6,023 Views)

But when I try to change it, it turns into its original value(Resolution values).

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(6,015 Views)