From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining the position of the camera in space

Dear colleagues!

I had a task to determine the angle of the camera in relation to the plane. There are 3 spheres on a plane at equal distances from each other. I have a complete set of LabVIEV and Vision. The task is next. According to the coordinates of 3 points on the 2D camera matrix, determine the angle and direction of the camera tilt, provided that the numbers of the balls are recognized. Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,259 Views)

Hi Vadim_Makeev

if I understand correctly what you trying to do is to detect the deviation of the camera from normal position, aren't you?

Also. I would link to know in which environment are you using LabVIEW or Vision Builder? What did you try before to solve the problem?

I think you should try to have a default value and continually compare it with different positions of camera. 

Regards) 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,039 Views)

Hi l.hovs! For development, I use both environments depending on the task. My question is mainly in the field of mathematics. With the help of image processing, I can determine: 1. The position of the centers of the spheres in a flat (matrix) coordinate system. 2. I can determine with good accuracy the diameters of the projections of the spheres.
The mathematics itself is needed for converting a flat image into 3D space coordinates

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,031 Views)

Hi Vadim_Makeev

I have found a LabVIEW code example how to convert the image into a 3D textured heightmap

Try to go through that article and replicate teh code in your side to see what will be the results. 

Regards)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(959 Views)

Thank you! I will definitely look into this option!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(926 Views)