Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current solutions for grabbing composite video and external TTL ?

Dear all,

we have a client who wants to record one channel of video simultaneously with one TTL line in order to synchronize video with external systems (so the TTL line should be saved either as timestamps in the same timebase as the video signal, or otherwise the level itself can be saved digitally with the same acquisition rate as th video). This sounds like exactly what NI's products can do (please correct me if I'm wrong, I only have experience with analog and digital NI daq products). However the camera outputs composite PAL video only and it's not feasible to change to another camera due to it's price and features, and the NI cards able to grab composite video are all phased out it seems. What would be an alternative solution and has anyone experience implementing it?

Thanks in advance,

Stijn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,997 Views)

Good morning Stijn,

Have you had a look through the NI website which goes through all the machine vision hardware that is available for purchase? 

I think this would be a good starting point for you in terms of understanding and identifying whether it would be a feasible option for your work.

Best regards, 

Geo 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,956 Views)

Hello geo,

yes I checked all the hardware currently available but none of it works for us: we really need something which can grab a composite signal from the camera we currently have and as far as I can tell none of the NI devices work with a composite signal?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,952 Views)

There are PAL to USB converters available. And you would need the LabVEW vision tools.   Not a task I would like to tangle with. The video may be glitchy as a result of the conversion process.

You can still purchase PCI-IMAQ-1408 cards used off of eBay.  That would be an excellent choice, assuming you have the vision capture and processing toolbox.

Good luck!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(387 Views)