Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash Vision Assistant in VBAI 2018

Solved!
Go to solution

When I use Vision Assistant in VBAI 2018, It crashes. Please Help.

I have no problem with VBAI 2015 installed on the same computer.

vbai vision assistant.pngvbai vision assistant crash.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,586 Views)

I have same problem with VBAI2018 on my PC.(Intel XEON 2.8GHz 64bit, 8GB RAM,WIN10 Enterprise).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,571 Views)

Would it be possible to give us detailed instructions on how to reproduce the crash? I am not able to reproduce it.

Also it might help to attach the vbai inspection and related images.

If you can't share it on the forums because it contains proprietary IP, please send it privately.

Thanks,

Christophe Caltagirone

Principal Software Engineer, Vision Software

Embedded Systems R&D

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,549 Views)

I was able to reproduce the crash in Vision Builder AI 64-bit and filed corrective action request 722893 to address the issue.

I did not experience the crash in VBAI 32-bit, so you can use the 32-bit version until we release the fix.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,538 Views)

I then tried 32bit and crashed too.

The steps to reproduce are really not much, I just opened an example and then acquired an image and then use vision assistant(after pressing edit).

crash vision assistant in vbai 32bit.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,533 Views)

Hi, any update about this issue? It has also happened in our company.

What about the patch?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,495 Views)

We are still working on it. I will update this thread when we have a workaround/patch available.

Are you experiencing the crash only with that example, or with older VBAI inspections using the Vision Assistant step that you're opening in VBAI 2018?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,481 Views)

Not only with that example. If I connect to a camera, then I press vision assistant's edit, it crashes too.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,472 Views)

Previously VB 2015 was used without this kind of problem. We have seen it in VB 2018 only.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,466 Views)

I am not sure but I might have fixed the crash accidentally.

Today, I tried the followings. I made some steps (with vision assistant) in vbai2015. Then I created a vbai2018 inpsection and I imported the vbai2015 file. I then opened imported steps and it ran fine and I tried to create a new one, it was good too, strange.. By the way, Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,379 Views)