Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing and Locking on mouse coordinates from ROI done in Vision

My application is on microscopic imaging where I need to scan an area and be able to pick out by an ROI a smaller area from it and be able to zoom at this. The sample is being moved by servos with a motion controller whose displacement depends on the coordinates on it's X and Y axis by user control. I need to be able to feed my LabVIEW code variables of updated X & Y coordinates with from each new ROI "captured & locked" from mouse clicks or ROI corner positions and use them to run the servos based on these updated coordinates. How do you lock the mouse to a ROI and extract the coordinates from it and update your X & Y coordinate variables?
Bernardino Jerez Buenaobra
Senior Test and Systems Development Engineer
Test and Systems Development Group
Integrated Microelectronics Inc.- Philippines
Telephone:+632772-4941-43
Fax/Data: +632772-4944
URL: http://www.imiphil.com/our_location.html
email: Bernardino.Buenaobra@ph.global-imi.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,838 Views)
You can use the IMAQ WindLastEvent VI to obtain the ROI boundary coordinates from a user-drawn ROI on a WindDraw display window.

Check out the example below. This VI returns the location of a point from a mouse click rather than the bounding coordinates of an ROI, but you could probably modify it easily to achieve what you want.
Developer Zone Example: Get a Point in a Winddraw Window from a Mouse Click Event
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,838 Views)