Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Link and DVI interface

hello guys
I am very much confused about how to read data from the FPGA evaluation board.
Basically I've spartan-3 evaluation platform, which receive data from camera on its Camera Link port(add-on board). I need to transmit that Data to the PC to display it. I am connecting the CameraLink output to the CameraLink input of NI PCIe-1427 Frame grabber, which is connected to the PCIe Port on the PCI. But I have no idea how i would get image data in the Labview,as i only can program NI PCIe-1427 in LabVIew? the block diagram of the problem is attached with the msg.
actually i have two options
1-either to connect CameraLink out to the CameraLink in of the PCIe-1427 frame frabber
2-or connect the DVI out of the FPGA board to the input of the PCIe-1427

is there any funtion or VI in Labview which could grab the image. if i connet the Camera directly to the PCIe-1427 frame grabber, i can get the frame. but the requirement is to get the frames through the FPGA board after doing some processing.
your  suggestions would be highly appreciated!

thanks a ton

regards
Aali khan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,302 Views)
reading the page about the fpga board you are using, there is this BIG warning concerning the camera link option module:
"*Warning: The combination with CameraLink option board has a limitation of use so please check the following instructions.
[Usage note: Limitation of this combination]
- Supported only Base Mode
- Supported only RGB data input (Control signal is not supported."

i don't know which camera you are using, but for me this would be definitely a showstopper: the CC signals are very important for triggering and timing on camera link (although i think it won't be very complicated to read or write the CC signals from the io port of the board).

anyway, are you sure your camera is compatible with your camera link option board ?

(addendum: i don't remember all the details, but i don't think a camera link port without CC signals can be considered a camera link port. the serial lines are optional, but not the CC lines. i would better call it an "option board electrically compatible with camera link")

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,276 Views)
hello
WARNING refers to the fact that  option board support only single channel(base configuration). the camera I m using is compatible with the whole system. its SONY V500.
let me make my question simpler.
I have camera link compatible camera Connected to the FPGA evluation board and  I have NI 1427 installed in PC.
Can I connect the FPGA board camera Link outout to the NI 1427?? I can connect them phyically but is it logically correct?? would i be able to capture the streaming??

NI Support team please help me out!
I m running out of time, as by the end of this month I have to finish my project and present as well.

regards

Aali khan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,272 Views)