Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bayer Encoder

I'd like to get some assistance in encoding an image to Bayer format.

Does anybody have something I can use?  If not, how can I create my own.

I'd like to take an image/picture and encode it to a 10 bit Bayer and transmit it. (I have a serializer/deserializer  working...)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,203 Views)

Hi paulmw,

After looking through our IMAQ documentation, I wasn't able to find a function that encodes an RBG to Bayer format in an opposite manner that the IMAQ Bayer Color Decode VI decodes one. It seems to me that this is because Bayer encoding is something that is done as an image is acquired, and the function to decode it is giving us back the useful image -- going in the other direction doesn't seem to be a common usage.

I did find the following docuemntation on Bayer encoding:

Bayer Encoding for Color Images

Can you tell us a little more about your overall application? What do you want to do with this image once it's been encoded in Bayer format? Where is this image coming from in the first place?

Nick

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,179 Views)

My application is to simulate a camera sensor with a specific electrical interface and serial protocol [I have this working in my own NI FPGA to serialize an "image" - 2D array of 10 bits...] to test the decoder/deserializer that was developed to capture images from the sensor.

I probably don't need to simulate a color image as I can probably just pass through 10 bit raw data and match.  However, I was thinking to encode all I do is grab the one color value of the color image pixel following the correct Bayer pattern and send the color as 10 bits.  That is basically what the Bayer filter is doing...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,167 Views)

I whipped up my idea and it works.  Here is a RAW implementation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,165 Views)