From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofocus in a pose estimation app

Hi to all, i am developing an iOS app (for iPad) using OpenCV for the ArUco markers detection and pose estimation.

Doing the calibration process, i make an estimation of the calibration matrix (including the focal length).

So my question is: during the pose estimation process, do i need to disable the autofocus?

I am in doubt because i know that if i change the focal length and then i capture an image, the pose is wrong because the image is taken with a different focal.

But on the other hand the autofocus doesn't change really the focal length, isn't? (So it's different for example from the zoom).

I am talking about the autofocus system on the iPad, so not a professional camera and i suppose that the autofocus system is software, i mean it make the lenses move backward and forward, but then the "adjustment" is software, am i wrong? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,251 Views)

Looking for some ideas for a response, since I'm not skilled enough in machine vision but I'm quite interested in the topic, I found this thread in which you posed the same question. So I ask you what you think about the comment you received: have they been useful? Need more insights?

Regards,

Alessia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,143 Views)