Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute out of range error with Dalsa Spyder camera

I have a Dalsa Spyder camera SG-11 which seems to work fine in NI MAX. I've also had this camera working successfully in a LabView vi but now, for some reason, I am getting an error message "Attribute out of range  (-1074360302)". 

I've tried using different gain values (since MAX sometimes gives an attribute out of range error relating to gain) but am not having much success.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a work around?

Lightworker 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,794 Views)

Hi LightWorker,

I've not seen this probelm specifically with Dalsa Spyder SG-11 cameras but there are several KnowLedge Base Articles on the error for various differnt models of camera. It may be that one of these fixes will apply to your camera as well.

How Do I Resolve "Error: 0xBFF69012 Attribute value is out of range” When Connecting to a GigE Camer...

Why do I get Error 0xBFF69012 "Attribute Value is Out of Range" with my Basler GigE Camera?

Stingray Camera & NI LabView / Vision Builder Error -1074360302 "Attribute is out of range"

Please let us know if any of these solve your issue.

Kind regards,

James W
Controls Systems Engineer
STFC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,783 Views)

Thanks James,

None of these links seem to solve my specific problem. What puzzles me is that this camera worked for a relatively long time (several months) without any problems. Then, all of a sudden, I start getting this "attribute out of range" error.

message.  

Regards

Lightworker

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,772 Views)

Hi Lightworker,

Are you able to go to the ICD file and reduce the width and height?

Regards,

James W
Controls Systems Engineer
STFC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,761 Views)

I thought gigE cameras used an XML file. I will have a look though. The width is set to the sensor width 4096 and the height to 3800. For some reason this camera is restricted to a height of 4000 lines.

Some additional info. I tested the camera on an HP laptop (windows 7)  today and had no problems in getting it to work in LabView. No sign of an "attribute out of range" error!

The PC with the problem is running XP, but the camera has worked successfully on this machine in the past so I don't believe this is a significant factor.

In MAX on the PC I am seeing some strange behaviour with the gain setting. When I save (to the XML file?) the digital gain resets itself to 18. When I increase the digital gain from 18 the intensity goes down! Whether this is significant or not I don't know.

I seem to recall seeing a comment on the forum about problems with Genicam and this camera. I wonder whether the problems I am experiencing are indicative of this.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,758 Views)

Changing one feature may cause other features to be changed as well. It is not necessarily the feature that is changed that causes the problem. If you can open XML file and check the Invalidated features,  you may have clue if other features are out of range.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,747 Views)

Hi LightWorker,

Does the error indicate what attribute it is refereing to? When you say that you increase the gain and the intensity goes down, are you increasing it in Measurement & Automation Explorer or in the XML file. Before you started receiving this error were there an attributes that you changed in MAX or in the Dalsa camera software? Thanks!

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,735 Views)

Unfortunately in LabView it doesn't indicate what attribute it is referring to. Only in MAX have I seen an attribute error message - this was relating to gain. I have changed some of the settings such as no of bits, mode, exposure, line frequency but have put these back to values that have worked in the past. At the moment I am working with 8 bits, mode 7, line frequency ~ 1000Hz.

Thanks

Lightworker

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,730 Views)