cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVT Marlin IEEE1394 camera not shown in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

i have an existing PXI system running with WinXP, a IEEE1394 camera and IMAQ for IEEE1394 and NI-Vision software. That runs fine. Now i am forced to update to Win7 and i try to get it run again...

I have a AVT Marlin IEEE1394 camera connected via a ExpressCard-FireWire adapter to my PXI system. The adapter is shown in Windows device manager under tree item "IEEE1394 Bus Hostcontroller" as "OHCI-compliant Texas Instruments1394 hostcontroller", the connected camera appears under tree item "NI IMAQ interfaces" as "NI-IMAQdx IIDC digital camera". But when i open NI-MAX the camera is not shown there. Under tree item "Devices and Interfaces" there are only the PXI chassis, COM, LPT, PCI-CommunicationController and NetworkDevices, but no camera. I installed the AVT driver package and got access to the camera with their demo tool, but with AVT driver the camera even does not appear in windows device manager. However is has to work with IMAQ.

Please help!!!

---

PXI-8105

Windows 7 SP1 (32 Bit)

Delock ExpressCard-to-FireWire adapter

AVT Marlin F-033C

MAX 5.5

NI Vision Aquisition 2013.09 Evaluation

IMAQdx 4.3

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,140 Views)

I had the same issue about 2 years ago and solved it by switching to the "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller (legacy)".  Details are given here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,125 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thesam

I'm wondering if this might be a manifestation of a recent issue that cropped up. Can you try renaming "niu3v.dll" in C:\Windows\SysWow64 and then close/re-open MAX?

Eric

Message 3 of 8
(6,117 Views)

@GuenterMueller

With driver "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller (legacy)" the problem persists.

@BlueCheese

That's it. I renamed niu3v.dll in C:\Windows\System32 (Win7 32 Bit) and then closed/re-opened MAX. Now the "NI-IMAQdx Devices" folder with my camera in it appears in the tree of MAX.

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,112 Views)

Hi, thesam

I encountered the similar question. I can see the USB camera in Windows XP but cannot find it in Windows 7 & 8. I wonder how to rename niu3v.dll, to a specific name or any name? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,008 Views)

You can delete it or rename it to niu3v.dll.bak for example

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,004 Views)

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,985 Views)

Hi

I have the same problem but I can not find niu3v.dll file in my computer. Imaqdx doesn't appear in NI MAX. I had uninstalled labview and I had installed it again but the problem is the same. Could you please help to resolve it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,554 Views)