From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1394 MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm running 2013 LabVIEW/Vision & MAX 5.5 on Win7 Pro 64. I have a Chronos 1394B PCIeX1 board & Point Grey Flea3 cam. I have checked Device Manager & NI-IMAQdx IIDC Digital Camera driver is loaded, and the IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controller seems to be all ok, but I don't see the camera in MAX. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,725 Views)

Hello Alan,

Have you seen this link about troubleshooting Firewire cameras? Please let me know if you are still having trouble after working through the link.

Regards,

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,705 Views)

Hi Ian

Still no joy. I found my old NI PCI 8252 3-port 1394 card and installed that. Still no joy. It works fine with the Point Grey software if I change the camera driver, but no luck with MAX 2013 and the IIDC driver. The camera comms worked fine until I replaced my motherboard & CPU (the old one died). The differences are: Windows 7 is now 64-bit; no on-board 1394 header, so am using the PCI 8252; and have updated NI Dev System from 2011 to 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,576 Views)
Is the camera associated with the IMAQdx driver?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,572 Views)

The NI-IMAQdx IIDC Digital Camera driver is selected.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,555 Views)
Can you show screenshots of MAX and Device Manager?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,548 Views)

Hi, attached, are the Device Manager & MAX screenshots.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,543 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alan@pworx

I think you are running into a known issue that would cause no IMAQdx devices to appear on some small number of systems. This issue was fixed in the latest released Vision Acquisition release (2014.2) here:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-2014.02/4584/en/

Could you try installing this and verify that the problem is solved?

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,528 Views)

Thanks Eric. Before I try this, how will it affect my customers that I keep updating (I send exe files each time there is a new change or patch). They are all using GigE on the 2013 driver installation. If I create an updated exe, will it work on their systems without having to update to the new Vision Acquisition release?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,518 Views)

Generally the driver is designed to be forwards and backwards compatible (within reason). If you aren't using functionality available in a newer version of the driver (new VIs/functions, attributes, property nodes) then compiled apps should work on an older version of the driver without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,506 Views)